Monday, October 27, 2008

Oh the Horror!

Yes it's that time of the year! *Sue tingles with anticipation* Fall, leaves changing colors, those wonderful horror elements of writing lore-vampires, werewolves, zombies and ghouls brought to the fore front!

As one who writes in the horror genere and is a Christian, I'd just like to say thank-you. Without ever marketing or meaning to, Never Ceese garnished a wonderful following from a market whose two gatekeeper affiliations won't allow for the kind of writing I do. (in other words, their demographic is notorious for avoiding and yes looking very badly on anything horror related or with strong horror elements.

This week I had the distinct pleasure of being mentioned on a few blogs related to recommended Christian Horror books!

How cool is that?

The bloggers were mostly strong CBA and ECPA core market readers and mentioned my name and my book. Of course, I had to correct them right away to let them know I write for the broader general market (which BTW includes a huge conglomerate of readers who are Christian) and to please make sure they share that as well as I'm not here to confuse or "scare" anyone with my work. LOL

So as someone who wouldn't normally get the following I've gotten from those guys who are looking for writing quite a bit more spiritual than what I offer I have to say thank-you.

Just remember there are tons and tons of other horror writers out there who don't write for the demographic CBA and ECPA authors serve but who are Christian. And they're waiting to thrill you with a good story that won't offend.

Quite a few indeed whom you'll never see at events advertised as Christian or winning awards for Christian literature. You will see them appealing to the larger number of Christian readers though and you will love their work and they aren't any less Christian either.

Awwww, but you already knew that.

Happy Halloween!

A few Halloween reads to check out.

Light at the edge of Darkness. Published by The Writers Cafe Press

Dying to Live by Bram Stoker Award winning author Kim Paffenroth

God Bless,
Sue Dent

No comments: