Monday, February 2, 2009

Book Signing Anyone?

Oh but who wouldn't want me to come to their town for a book signing. :) I might even be able to coerce *ahem* Richard to come along if the "stakes" were high enough (or if the price of "steaks" were low enough. HA!

But yes, now would be the time to speak up. I'm currently setting up signings in bookstores where there "seems" to be an interest. Book Signings are a waste of time finacially but not so much so when an author is certain a few might show up to buy books to have signed.

Doesn't matter if you've already bought the book, just let me know you'd like it signed and if I get enough request, I'll arrange a booksigning in the area. You can bring your book in if you already have it so I can sign it.

Again these would be booksignings at general market stores such as Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million etc . . . but no Christian Bookstores. While most of my readers are from the market bigger Christian booksellers sell to, the CBA/ECPA industry itself does not support me. I've not paid the money to be affiliated and therefore can't even step foot inside an affiliated store to sell my goods. I might actually pay the money to be affiliated but neither CBA or ECPA would publish what I write. And I'm not speculating about that. All of the bigger Christian houses have told me this, Thomas Nelson, Zondervan, Waterbrook . . . it's the code of the land so it seems.

No big deal. Just don't want to burst your bubble if you think I might be at your local Lifeway or Family Christian. I'm not avoiding these stores. They won't let me in. Heck, 75% of my audience shops at these stores. Why wouldn't I want in? :)

But let me know, and I'll work to come visit and sign.

Thanks again for all your support.

No comments: